- This event has passed.
Green Dreams – Albina Vision + I-5/Rose Quarter: A Match?
March 18 – Albina Vision + I-5 Rose Quarter: A $500-million Parks Opportunity
The Oregon Department of Transportation is readying a $500-million redo of I-5 through the Rose Quarter, building bridges and “lidding” portions of the freeway to reconnect the neighborhood. Albina Vision is a group of citizen activists aspiring to honor the pre-highway history of Albina by welcoming African-American people and culture back to the district with a 21st-century vibrancy. Can freeway lids, parks, and open spaces merge these two futures?
We’ll explore the vision, ODOT’s current design, and a sampling of the dozens of freeway lidding projects underway across the country—and let you know how to weigh in during the March public comment period.
- Albina Vision Trust
- Rukaiyah Adams, CFO, Meyer Memorial Trust
- Michael Alexander, past CEO of the Urban League of Portland
- Will Ives, Henneberry Eddy Architects
- Julie Meredith, freeway lid expert, Washington Department of Transportation
- Vanport Mosaic + other Special Guests
- Hosted by Randy Gragg
Cover image courtesy of Portland Parks Foundation