- This event has passed.
Ventilation For High-Performance Commercial Buildings
Energy Trust is pleased to partner with Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA), BetterBricks, to offer a complimentary special training on ventilation best practices for design and installation in high-performance buildings.
Training topics will include:
- Understanding HRVs, ERVs, cross flow and counter flow, and wheels
- Best practices for a range of building types
- Sizing, selection and specification guidelines
- Ventilation standards for today and the future
- Duct design and control options
- Controls for CAV, DCV and VAV glow options, and building control integration
- Retrofit opportunities using DOAS and high-performance heating and cooling.
Barry Stephens, Ventacity Systems, Inc., and ASHRAE Member Since March 2016, Barry has worked with Ventacity Systems, Inc., a manufacturer of very high performance, Passive House-certified HRVs. Prior to joining Ventacity, Barry spent 15 years at Zehnder America, Inc., a Swiss-based world leader in HRVs. There he led the introduction of Zehnder systems to North America, including Solar Decathlon teams,NZE homes and Passive House projects.
Monday, November 5, 2018
Training: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Boxed lunches will be provided.
403 NW 11th Ave.
Portland, OR 97209
Training approved for 6 CEUs by the Practicing Institute of Engineering (PIE) and American Institute of Architects (AIA). Certificates will be issued at the end of the course for self-reporting CEUs to additional organizations.
Cover image courtesy Energy Trust of Oregon.